Code of Conduct
Modern Commerce Attendance and Participation Policy
As a registered attendee, speaker, or participant at Modern Commerce you agree to follow the terms of this Attendance and Participation Policy. We appreciate your cooperation to help ensure a safe environment for all Conference participants.
- This is a private event. eHouse Studio reserves the right to refuse, cancel, and/or refund your registration at any time
- Fees are due at the time your registration is approved. If payment is insufficient or declined for any reason, eHouse Studio may refuse to admit you. Fees may be subject to sales tax, value-added tax, or other taxes and duties, which, if applicable, will be charged to you in addition to the fees.
- Your ticket entitles you to admittance to the Conference and Conference-related events only. All other costs associated with attendance (e.g., travel and accommodation expenses) are your responsibility, and eHouse Studio will have no liability for these costs.
- You understand and agree that tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable. Tickets cannot be sold, resold, bartered, auctioned, or transferred in any way. You are responsible for choosing to submit a registration form and eHouse Studio will not be liable for any errors in submission, payment or ticket processing.
- All determinations of special rates and discounts are in the sole discretion of eHouse Studio.
- eHouse Studio may change, substitute or cancel any aspect of the Conference, including the Conference name, themes, content, program, speakers, moderators, venue and time. All intellectual property rights in and to the Conference, the Conference content, and all materials distributed at or in connection with the Conference are owned by eHouse Studio or the Conference sponsors or speakers. You may not use or reproduce or allow anyone to use or reproduce the Conference content or any trademarks.
- You voluntarily assume all risk and danger associated with attending the Conference, whether occurring prior to, during or subsequent to the Conference, and eHouse Studio will not be liable for any resulting harm, including death, personal injury, loss, damage or any other liability. eHouse Studio will have no liability to you and hereby disclaims any and all warranties of any kind, express or implied for the Conference.
- Admission to the Conference may also be subject to additional conditions of admission to any Conference-related event venue.
- At the time of check-in, you must provide a form of photo identification to claim your badge.
- Attendee badges must be worn at all times in Conference areas.
- Once you receive your badge, it cannot be changed, substituted or reissued to a different person. If you lose your badge, please visit the Modern Commerce information desk at the Conference venue.
- By registering, you agree not to share, transfer, sell or trade your badge. If you violate this Policy, eHouse Studio may cancel your attendance and retain any payments.
Consent to Photos
- By attending the Conference you grant eHouse Studio the right to record, film, photograph, or capture your likeness in any media and to distribute, broadcast, use, or otherwise disseminate, in perpetuity, such media without any further approval from or any payment to you.
- You may not record audio or video of sessions at the Conference or take professional photographic or video equipment, or wearable recording devices into the Conference.
- You agree to obey all signage, instructions, and rules. eHouse Studio reserves the right to refuse admittance to, or remove any person from, the Conference at any time in its sole discretion, including inappropriate, disorderly, disrespectful, or dangerous behavior or failure to comply with this Policy. Please report any concerns, offensive behavior, or suspicious or disruptive activity to the Conference staff.
- eHouse Studio will not tolerate any form of harassment at the Conference. Harassment includes offensive verbal comments or actions related to gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, religion, technology choices, sexual images in public spaces, deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention.
- If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please speak with an eHouse Studio conference staff member located at the welcome desk immediately.
Our contact details are provided in all emails we send pertaining to the Conference. You can also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Code of Conduct was forked from the existing policy from the A Day with Shopify.